Sunday, January 27, 2013

PMS Blues...

Today's post is about PMS.  Yeah, that's right... premenstrual syndrome.  I'm actually pretty lucky, because I don't really get PMS.  My period seems to sneak up on me to the point at which I'm surprised when I get it.  I don't enjoy being on the rag, but it's not too bad for me.  Not like it is for a lot of other women, anyway.  My husband has told me horror stories about his ex wife and her periods.

Anyway, PMS is such a topic of interest among women that it was immortalized in a song by Dolly Parton, who probably hasn't had a period in decades...


Yes, this song is called "PMS Blues" and I'm sure Dolly wrote it because it's relatable to so many women... that, and as a woman of a certain age who is very folksy, she probably knew people would think it was funny as opposed to offensive.


I love me some Dolly Parton anyway.  I think she's funny, witty, and an excellent yet benevolent business woman.  You can keep Madonna.  Dolly Parton easily trumps her in talent, ambition, and class any day, as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

Comments on older posts will be moderated.