Friday, April 4, 2014

Golden Hawn, Harlem Globetrotters, and Randy Newman...



This silly TV clip featuring Goldie Hawn and Harlem Globetrotters popped into my head today as I was writing for Pop Rock Nation about "guilty pleasures".  I thought maybe it was a figment of my imagination, but no… this actually was on TV back when I was a kid.  LOL… I love old campy shit like this.


Of course, Randy Newman's classic hit is really about bigotry and small minded folks.  But because of that Harlem Globetrotters bit with Goldie, I thought it was about actual short people for the longest time.  Incidentally, I am a big Randy Newman fan.  I love his stuff, even though most of his songs sound like commercial jingles from the early 80s.

Actually, the 70s and 80s were a goldmine of goofy shit.  Check out this clip of Lynda Carter.  Someone gave her her own special.


Back in the day, variety shows were the shit.  Nobody does these things anymore.  I'd love to see the Kardashians or Kanye West hosting their own variety show.  Oh wait…

It would be fun to see them sing and dance, anyway.  I know Lynda Carter claims that music is her first love, but I prefer to see her in her Wonder Woman get up.



This qualifies as serious crap from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.