Wednesday, April 10, 2013

For my husband...



I replaced the USB cable on my mic and that made it stop dropping the connection.  However, it sounds like I'm getting a little more feedback now.  Nevertheless, I love the song "Feels Like Home", which was originally used in Randy Newman's Faust and sung by Bonnie Raitt.  It's also been sung by Linda Ronstadt, Chantal Kreviasuk, and Edwina Hayes.  The above version is Chantal's, though the first version I heard was Bonnie's... and I think I was more channeling her than Chantal.

I have to admit, the first time I tried to sing this song, I got very choked up.  I don't know why...  It's a sweet song.  Randy Newman has even said it means nothing to him, though it's now used at weddings. When Bonnie sang it, knowing her loose, sexual character in Faust, it wasn't a really touching song.  But the words are really beautiful and really convey how I feel about Bill.

I like Randy Newman anyway.  He's the one who wrote "Guilty", too...

 

4 comments:

  1. it's beautiful, and you sang it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely (!), but the Singsnap app won't let me STOP it, CLOSE it, or even turn the volume down. Every time I try, I get an obnoxious pop-up telling me how much more there is to do with Singsnap!

    Otherwise, quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh!! I'm sorry about that, Mumbles. I didn't know that would happen! Thank you for listening, anyway!

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.