Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wynonna Judd is off Dancing With The Stars...

I don't make a habit of watching Dancing With The Stars and actually missed this week's episode.  I read last night that Wynonna Judd was the second star voted off the show.  Frankly, I'm surprised it took as long as it did.  Wynonna is not very graceful.


I happened to catch this particular episode, featuring Tony and Wynonna doing their "Neutron Dance" number.  It was laughably bad.  Seeing Wynonna riding in on a Segway was not exactly inspiring.

But what makes me kind of sad are the mean-spirited comments made about Wynonna's elimination.  Yes, she's quite overweight and doesn't have the body line other stars have.  She's also not as beautiful as her sister is... or her mother, for that matter.  But she is a hell of a singer and she deserves respect for that and the fact that she had the guts to go out there and try.  I'm sure she wouldn't have been on DWTS unless they somehow made it very attractive for her to do so.

I had occasion to see Wynonna play live once.  It was 2003 and she was the guest of honor at the Army Birthday Ball.  I attended with my husband.  It was a great night.  That was the evening he found out he was being promoted.  Wynonna put on a decent show, although the following year, Chris Isaak put on a much better one.


Anyway, I guess that's showbiz.  I wish people weren't so shitty, though.  Whether or not she deserves the shittiness, she's still a human being.  When I read rude comments people write about Wynonna, it makes me think that a lot of people are assholes.  It makes me lose faith in the average person.  And it also makes it easier to understand why some people get so angry and depressed that they resort to violence.  Sorry... guess all that talk about gun laws is on my brain today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.