Sunday, March 2, 2014

Samantha Fox...

Back in the 1980s, a vapid model turned blonde pop star named Samantha Fox was burning up the airwaves with her dance hits.  Her first hit was by far the best of the songs she released…


"Touch Me" made Samantha sound like a bitch in heat, but it was probably the best of her songs…



Then she did "Naughty Girls Need Love Too", which was sort of a frisky dance hit.


Following up with "I Want To Have Some Fun", which sounds suspiciously like "Naughty Girls Need Love Too."


Then she sang a cover version of "I Only Want to Be With You"… clearly selling the sexy bimbo image to the hilt.


As of 2013, she was still around, making music…

I have to admit, her songs are just ridiculous enough to be entertaining, though I don't know that I think she's the greatest singer.  In the 80s, she was about being sexy and promoting a party image.  She was popular for several years… and frankly, I'm not so sure she would be if she did the same thing today.  Her songs are kind of a guilty pleasure for me, though.  

According to Wikipedia, Samantha Fox fancies women rather than men… and at one time, people said she was a born again Christian.  I dunno.  I don't think these are the greatest songs, but I do admit they're fun to listen to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.