Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sting does a classic Italian aria...

My old accompanist, who is now a music professor at my alma mater, posted a very funny Buzzfeed article called "A Definitive Randing of 'Twenty-Four Italian Songs and Arias'".  This is a very familiar book to anyone who has studied voice.  It's a basic primer on classic Italian songs designed to teach beginning vocal students how to sing.  I myself sang four songs from that book...  #21, #18, #2, and #1...

And I see that I have singing "Caro mio ben" in common with Sting, who performed it in Italy during his "Nothing Like The Sun" tour.  I give Sting props for his classical chops, though I'm pretty sure he'd be dinged for not memorizing the piece and being lazy about his vowels.


Gosh he was young in 1988... but then, so was I.

Actually, I like his pianist.  Now I wish I'd brought my music with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.