Saturday, February 28, 2015

ELO!!!

I have a dear friend from college who freely admits that his taste in music sucks.  One of his favorite bands is Electric Light Orchestra, popularly known as ELO.  ELO's music is a mix of rock and roll, classical music, opera, and pure theatre.


"Telephone Line"...  

I'm not sure why my old friend thinks liking ELO means his taste in music "sucks".  I think a lot of ELO's music is pretty good.  It's certainly creatively done.


"Livin' Thing" is good and peppy... guaranteed to inject a little spring in your dance step.


My old friend is a good dancer.  He can't sing or play any instruments, but he has a great sense of rhythm and boogies like a pro.


"Evil Woman" is a song you can dance to... and perhaps relate to.




I always remember "Hold On Tight" from the Coffee Achievers ads in the 80s.


I always liked "Confusion", though it's probably not one of ELO's most popular songs.

Of course, ELO is also known for collaborating with Olivia Newton-John in the box office bomb, Xanadu.  I was a big ONJ fan back in the day and I loved Xanadu.  


ELO's "All Over The World" in a scene from Xanadu.

I really miss bands like ELO.  Seems like what we have nowadays is a lot of boring stuff that sounds the same.  But then, I haven't been listening as intently as I used to because I'm forever in my Dungeon of the Past.




2 comments:

  1. My mom's best friend's husband practically quotes ELO lyrics in his sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.