Thursday, February 21, 2013

Locke Walls does "Aubrey"...

Another blogger refreshed my memory on this 80s era Guiding Light storyline...  Alexandra Spaulding's old lover Locke Walls comes to Springfield to tell her long lost son, Lujack, about how tough the music business is...  Lujack is sort of Springfield's answer to Bruce Springsteen, who was very big at the time...






 LOL... I had forgotten all about Louie Darnell, who was a ripoff of Howie Mandell's character on St. Elsewhere.





Here he is, dying in her arms....



And in part 2, we hear "Aubrey"...



I couldn't find the clip that had him performing it as a washed up singer...  Still, this proves my memory is still pretty strong after all these years.  I think this was circa 1985 or so...

4 comments:

  1. i certainly couldn't swear to it, but it sounds suspiciously like David Gates singing "Aubrey."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is... but I also remember the actor and "Lujack" singing it on the soap. I couldn't find the clip on YouTube. Seems to me Locke was trying to sing it and Lujack helped him....

    I used to be a big Guiding Light fan back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom says she thinks she remembers the older blonde lady in the clips as being the original Iris Carrington in Another World and some Another World spinoff that didn't last. Then again, a lot of blonde ladies of that age look a hell of a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the late Beverlee McKinsey. She was quite the daytime diva back in the day. She left GL over contract disputes. I don't think her replacements could hold a candle to her.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.