Friday, February 12, 2016

Humming Song by Martin Mull...

Here's another crappy song from my past.  Martin Mull, an actor, comedian, and singer performed a song called "Humming Song" which was a staple on morning radio.  I managed to find it on YouTube.



A song full of innuendoes...  

I don't know what made me think of this song this morning.  It just popped into my head.  Since I hadn't heard it since the 80s and never knew who sang it, I had to plug in the few lyrics I remembered.  And since this song is mostly full of humming, that wasn't all that easy to do.  Still, I managed to figure it out, as I almost always manage to do.

For those who are curious, here are the lyrics...

Last night I took you home
And we began to hmmmmm, hmmm hmmm
You were such a hmmmmm, hmmm hmmm...hmm hmm hmm hmm
Only seventeen...
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, rubber shirts
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, leather skirts
Hmmm hmmm...hmm hmm hmm hmm...
And jars of vaseline.

Hmmm, hmmm Hmmm, Hmmm Hmmm, Hmmm HMMM...Hmmmm
Pick up the soap...
Hmmm hmmm Hmmm, HMMM hmmm...Hmmmm
Mayonnaise and rope...

Then from the chandelier...
The THREE of us hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm
Hmmm hmmm, hmm-hmm-hmm...hmm hmm...
Hmm hmm hmm hmm hospital...for life
Hmmm hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, whips and chains
Hmmm, hmm hmm hmm, hmmm, great danes
Hmmm hmmm...hmm hmm hmm Hmm, hm Hm...
Your wife...


I notice Mull changes the lyrics in the above video.  The way I remember it from radio is the way it's written above.

I bet nobody remembers this song or ever thinks about it... but I do, because I have nothing better to do with my time.

2 comments:

  1. John is incommunicado for another day 9I'll ask him when he's back in cell phone range) but my mom remembers it. She liked martin Mull in some show called "Mary Hartman" or "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" or something like that in addition, I think, to WKRP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was on Fernwood Tonight, which is another show that was on before my time. He's been a guest on a lot of shows, too.



      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.