Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012...

Well, it's been eleven years since that day of infamy that changed the world.  I will never forget where I was that day.  I was living in South Carolina, finishing up my last year of graduate school.  The weather was absolutely perfect and I was in love with the man who would eventually become my husband, who happened to be in the Pentagon that day.  He was in the wedge that was hit by the airliner, but fortunately was in one of the inner rings.  He wasn't hurt, but all day long I wondered if he was okay.

Eleven years later, we're still happily married and about to celebrate our tenth anniversary.  We've been through a lot.  If you've read my other blog, The Overeducated Housewife, you might already know about some of what we've dealt with.  In any case, for those who didn't survive that day, this song comes to mind...

 

Beth Nielsen Chapman has such a way with words and music...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.