Monday, November 12, 2012

Solid Gold!

If you were around in the 1980s and fancied yourself a music lover, you probably caught Solid Gold on your favorite independent channel...


Solid Gold was known for its sexy dancers...


Lead dancer Darcel was also in the film Xanadu...



Solid Gold was also known for its many lip synching guest stars.




Stevie Nicks is apparently one of the only people who went on Solid Gold and did not lip sync.

I used to watch Solid Gold on Saturdays when I was bored.  I could have just as easily watched Soul Train, but I wasn't all that into soul back in the day.  I also thought Don Cornelius was a colossal bore.  It was pretty fun to watch the dance line, though.




American Bandstand was also pretty big, but I wasn't really into Dick Clark.


Nope... I liked Dionne Warwick and Marilyn McCoo... And Grant Goodeve (of Eight is Enough fame) and even Andy Gibb had a turn hosting.



I kind of miss cheesy music shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.