Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stigmata...


It's probably in poor taste that I would post "Stigmata" by The Ministry on Easter Sunday.  It popped in my head this morning for the first time in ages.  I remember hearing it for the first time back in 1990 or 91, when I was a college freshman.  It was played on our campus radio station.


I will follow up with "Battleflag", a song by Lo Fidelity All Stars.  I heard this for the first time on the episode of ER when John Carter got stabbed in the back by a mental patient.  Fitting, since that's what this song is all about.

Pretty raucous songs for a day we celebrate Christ's resurrection, not that I really do anymore.  Despite being raised in a church, I grew up very secular.  The one thing I like about religion is the music.  But today, I don't feel much like posting pretty Easter music.  I'd rather post ugly music that sounds violent.


Ah, very well... here's Van Morrison's lovely rendition of "Be Thou My Vision".  Happy Easter.



And here I am singing "In The Palm Of Your Hand"...  It turned out fairly nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.