Saturday, July 13, 2013

Everybody Hurts...

Back in 1992, I was a disc jockey at my college's radio station.  During that same year, REM's Automatic For The People came out.  That album had a beautiful song on it called "Everybody Hurts".  I don't remember getting really into it, even though it was a comforting song and I liked REM... and I was depressed.  But anyway, while messing around on SingSnap yesterday, I noticed that the song was featured.  I decided to try it, but I had to re-familiarize myself with it.  So I found this video...



Searching a little more, I found a gorgeous cover version by The Corrs, an Irish band it's time I got to know better.  I had heard one of their songs and liked it, but never got around to buying their music.  After hearing their lovely version of "Everybody Hurts", I bought their Unplugged album.
 

As much as I enjoy it when original artists perform their own work, I actually teared up listening to The Corrs' performance.  

As for my own recording, I think I will redo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.