Friday, October 4, 2013

The Captain of Her Heart...

For some weird reason, I was lying in bed last night and a song from 1986 popped into my head...



I remember this dreamy number by the Swiss duo Double very well.  It was a staple on adult contemporary radio stations in the 1980s.  Now, when I think about it, it kind of reminds me of the piped in music you hear in dentist offices.

I found myself searching the Internet for more information about this obscure one hit wonder and learned the song is about a girl waiting in vain for her absent lover to return.  I imagine it won't be long before someone figures out a way to use this song in a commercial.

Here in the USA, the Human League's "Human", which was popular at about the same time this song was, is now being used in ads...  Every time I hear it, it takes me back to ninth grade, which doesn't seem like it was as long ago as it really was.


Damn... I gotta stop aging.    

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now it's a little weird. I had a sudden 80s nostalgia bug myself this week. Obscure 80s bands and the like. See if you remember these. China Crisis, Tenpole Tudor, Japan, AHA, Thompson Twins, Tubeway Army, Suede, Republica, The Cult, Teardrop Explodes,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly remember the Thompson Twins... but I think the rest might require memory jogging!

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.