Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Brotherhood of Man...

Here's a song I had long forgotten about.  In 1976, the British group Brotherhood of Man entered Eurovision's Song of Europe contest and won with this cute little ditty...


We were actually living in England when this aired...

Such a sweet and innocent little number.  Brotherhood of Man had other hits and apparently still tours today, though I think this may have been the pinnacle of their success.  My friend Joann, who pointed this out to me today, says it's like Abba and Tony Orlando and Dawn had a baby.  70s acts really seemed to have an affection for cheesy dance steps and cutesy lyrics.  I tried listening to their other songs, but none rang a bell like this one.


Another hit, "Figaro", from 1978...

I guess I give them credit for being able to dance and lip sync at the same time (I'm guessing they weren't actually singing this while they were on Eurovision).  Once again, I feel older than dirt, especially since I was three (going on four) when this was first unleashed upon the masses.


And their first hit, "United We Stand"...

The 70s were fun... especially if you were just a wee one, like I was.  Now I wish I could go to a 70s era Wendy's and have a Frosty.


Here's an updated version from 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.