Friday, February 9, 2018

Olympia!

Hey!  It's time for the 2018 Olympics in South Korea!  For some reason, tonight I thought of this song for the first time since the 1980s...


Sergio Mendes did "Olympia" in 1984...  That was probably the last time I heard it.

I actually kind of like Sergio Mendes.  He did that classic duet "Never Gonna Let You Go" back in the 80s, which never gets old...


Someone's video of a classic song.

Sergio Mendes also did some other jazzy hits... some of which were not as well known as they should have been...


I like to sing this one myself.

"Olympia" has always kind of been etched on the brain.  I've always remembered the song, but never really felt like I needed to go out and find it.  Until tonight....  it's probably the second bottle of wine that's driving me.

Anyway, at least it's topical, right?  I can't believe 1984 was 34 years ago.  I am getting old as hell.  It brings me comfort to know that every day, I get closer to being beamed out of this world.  On another note, it's nice to be able to put the name of the artist with the song that's been beaming in and out of my head since the 1980s.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.