Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I've been waiting for a girl like you...

If you were around in the early 80s... hell, if you were around in the 80s... you know this classic song by Foreigner.  It's been said that Alison Krauss and her brother, Viktor, were Foreigner fans back in the day.  So was I.  In fact, I still really like their music.  I think Lou Gramm's voice was made for rock, even though I read last night that he's gone Christian.



For some reason, this very cool ballad got stuck in my head last night and I started reading up on it.  I had no idea that Thomas Dolby, the guy who made "She Blinded Me With Science" a big hit, played the synthesizer on this song.


Thomas Dolby had another hit with "Hyperactive!"...


My best friend back in school was a bit of a nerd and loved her some Thomas Dolby.  I gotta admit, I liked him too.  Listening to his music reminds me of Howard Jones, though...  They were somewhat similar.  I think Dolby was probably more interesting.



And to think I got on this synth tangent because "I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You" got stuck in my head last night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.