Friday, September 20, 2013

Somewhere Out There...

I remember when this duet featuring Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram came out in the 1980s.  I got kind of sick of hearing it.  Now, many years later, I see it's actually a very lovely duet from the animated film, An American Tail.



I think the time I heard it that really touched me was when it was used in an episode of Designing Women.  Dolly Parton was a guest star playing an angel and they played this song at the end, as a woman was dying and a new baby was being born...  I ended up a blubbering mess.  In the clip below, it starts at about 4:48.



I posted my half of the duet on SingSnap yesterday and a good guy singer named Bradlee joined me...



This guy deserves mad props.  He really nailed it.

On a related note, I watched the end of that Designing Women episode and am now sitting here blubbering again.  Dammit!  I was never a fan of that show, but that particular episode was just awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.