Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Islands in the Stream...

So I recorded Kenny Rogers' and Dolly Parton's big hit yesterday and someone who can sing joined me for Kenny's part...



I have to say, though I do like the Bee Gees, Kenny, and Dolly, I got really sick of this song when it was popular in the 1980s.  To make matters worse, in those days I was showing horses and this one named "Islands In The Stream" beat me in my division at the 4H State Horse Show.  My pony, Rusty, came in second to her...  I'm a better sport now, of course.  Back then, I was still a kid.

Years later, I can tell this song had "hit" written all over it.  It was huge for weeks and is still pretty good today.

Anyway, I decided to sing Dolly's part yesterday and a guy named willie sang with me...



I'm gonna have to pair up with him again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.