Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sandy Denny...

I am a little embarrassed that I knew nothing at all about British singer-songwriter Sandy Denny until today.  She died in April 1978… at the time I was a small child and actually living in her native England.  It wasn't until many years later that I was exposed to her beautiful song "Who Knows Where The Time Goes", which has been covered many times by different singers…



In 1969, I was not even a spark in my dad's eye.  I think my parents thought they were done with kids…

Judy Collins eventually recorded her gorgeous song… indeed, she was my first exposure to this marvelous song.



And I am embarrassed to admit to that at age 41, I am just hearing Sandy Denny's remarkable vocals… and reading her story.  She had a daughter who was raised in Australia by her father, who died of a heart attack in 1989, when Denny's daughter, Georgia, was just about 12.  Georgia eventually gave birth to twin daughters in 1997, which makes me feel ancient, because I am several years older than Georgia is and have no kids…

Anyway, I had some fun with this beautiful song tonight.  I did Judy Colllins' version, since it was most familiar to me.   I need to vacation again, so I can put new photos in my videos.



If you like the song, I urge you to learn about Sandy Denny, so you won't feel like a dipshit like I do…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.