Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mercy Street...

I got a sudden urge to make a new recording last night.



This is a classic Peter Gabriel song from his 1986 album, So.  I heard it in my head and decided I wanted to try it.  I raised the key.  It turned out well, though listening to it now, I wish I had sung it with less volume.  I made the backing vocal and turned it down a bit.  Should have done the same with the lead vocal.  This is supposed to be a quiet, contemplative song.  But it turned out pretty cool for an amateur effort.



Here's Peter Gabriel singing it live in Milan back in 2003.

I really love Peter Gabriel's music.  He is such a talented guy and so much of his music is such a part of my personal soundtrack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.