Thursday, November 21, 2013

Waiting On A Friend...


For some reason, this song just popped into my head…

Though this blog often focuses on "lost songs" from the 70s and 80s, I really like this classic hit by The Rolling Stones.  It was popular in 1982, but still sounds pretty awesome 31 years later.  I think Mick Jagger was born to be a rock star.  The man is not exactly known for being handsome, but he has charisma in spades and that translates to raw sexuality.  And he has banged enough beautiful women to prove he's got the goods to be a rock star.  Love his skinny jeans in this video, especially when he swaggers…


Updated live version… It's played in a lower key, because I'm guessing Mick and the rest of the Stones can't hit those high notes anymore.

I'm glad I came of age when songs like this one were popular…  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.