Monday, February 3, 2014

Alison Krauss's latest collaboration...

Just got this on my Facebook feed this morning…

Alison Krauss – “End of a Summer Storm” from Sandra Boynton’s "Frog Trouble" [Official Music Video] from Crazy Lake Pictures on Vimeo.

Alison Krauss is definitely one of my favorite singers.  She has an angelic voice to go with her highly skilled fiddling.  I like her song selections, which are often kind of sad and dark, but hauntingly beautiful.  Recently, she collaborated with children's author Sandra Boynton to make this song for Boynton's latest book, Frog Trouble.

I don't have kids myself and it's been ages since I was last one, but I might have to buy this just because I like the song.  The others on the album are likely to please me, too.

I see  Boynton is also responsible for Dog Train, another excellent music/book collaboration.  Alison Krauss sung the beautiful "Evermore" for that title and I happen to love that song.

Sheesh, now I wish I had a kid.


  

2 comments:

  1. i love Alison krauss, too. The song is beautiful.

    she collaborated with Sandra Boynton on an earlier release, "Dog Train, on a song "Everymore,"" which is sort of a "Runaway Bunny" lullaby. I don't like the vidoe I'm posting -- too anime or whatever -- but it doesn't freeze as much as the one other video. The song itself is lovely, though it has less depth than "End of a Summer Storm."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I mentioned that. I love "Evermore."

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.