Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Worrying...

I'm guilty of it.  That's why I like songs that are comforting.  One song I've always liked is "Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys.


I wouldn't say I'm a Beach Boys fan, but…

this song has always been very calming and sweet to me.  The melody is both elegant and consoling.  And while The Beach Boys' falsetto harmonies for some reason often annoy me, on this song, they're just beautiful.  This is such a romantic song.  Love it.



I AM a big Dire Straits fan…


And I love the way Mark Knopfler sings this pretty song about worry.  I had no idea The Everly Brothers sang it first.  


And I'll be damned… The Everly Brothers sang "Don't Worry Baby" too, with help with the Beach Brothers.

I have too much on my mind right now.  Music is a great balm for those times when I'm about to freak out over things beyond my control.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.