Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Songs for Bill...

I'm sitting here thinking about songs that sum up how I feel about my husband.  One song that immediately comes to mind is this chestnut by Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, and Dolly Parton when they were in their "Trio" days…


"To Know Him Is To Love Him" was written by Phil Spector and has been covered plenty of times, but this version seems to speak loudest to me.  Maybe it's because I'm an 80s kid.


"Goin' Wild For You, Baby" is another song that has been done by a lot of singers.  This version by Bonnie Raitt is the one I like best, at least so far.  I would love to be able to sing it for Bill at some point.  Need to take piano or guitar lessons.



When Bill and I were dating, I made him a music mix and this song, "Feel It", was on it…


"Come Rain or Come Shine" by Dinah Washington is another one that makes me think of my husband, especially since rain may be coming.



And so does this classic starring Dinah Washington and Brook Benton…  "Baby, You Got What It Takes"…


"Lover Man" is a song Bill loves… especially when I sing it.  Maybe I'll record a version today.

Hmm… this makes me want to sing rather than write.  Maybe I'll come back to this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.