Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A fun dad related memory...

Last night, I was listening to iTunes and an old song by Prince came on.  It was "Computer Blue", which was on the soundtrack for Purple Rain, a huge hit movie from 1984.  In 1985, I was 13 years old and was going through a brief, but very intense, Prince phase.  I wanted that soundtrack for Christmas.  I told my dad, so he took me to the mall.

Of course, while I had an inkling that Prince's music could be a bit dirty, my dad had no idea.  And I had never heard the song "Darling Nikki", which was also on that album.  I still smile when I think of my very white, middle-aged, conservative, southern dad standing in line with a Purple Rain album on vinyl.  I listened to it a lot until I accidentally spilled 7 Up on it, then replaced it with a CD.

I would add videos, but I think Prince is very strict about not letting his music stay on YouTube…  needless to say, it's a pretty cool song.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.