Tuesday, December 2, 2014

New Edition...

I will admit, I wasn't a huge fan of New Edition back in the day.  All I know is that the group of super talented Boston area youths spawned Bel Biv Devoe and Boys II Men... and Bobby Brown, of course!


Here they are on The View in 2007.  


Seems like Mr. Telephone Man was my first introduction to New Edition...  Since most of us have cellphones now, this song seems awfully quaint.

New Edition was popular in the 80s, right smack dab in the middle of my coming of age years.  It doesn't seem that long ago, but hell, it's been 30 years!


Okay, I lied...  "Candy Girl" was the first "taste" of this boy band.  It came out in 1983.



Bill Cosby in his prime introducing New Edition and "Cool It, Now."  

I think I pretty much forgot about New Edition by 1986 or so, though watching them now I think they are very talented guys.  Obviously they were influenced by the Jackson 5... and they, in turn, influenced other bands like NKOTB, the Backstreet Boys, and Boyzone.  


And here they are much older singing a medley of classics...  

I guess every era has its boy bands.  My era had New Edition and New Kids On The Block (though I was never a NKOTB fan)...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.