Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wang Chung!

I used to love a song called "Everybody Have Fun Tonight".  I liked it so much that I went out and spent $8 on Mosaic, the album from which it came.  The band who sang it was Wang Chung and I was in the 9th grade, so $8 was a lot of money to me.  I used to listen to the album all the time.  I even brought my Walkman to school and listened to it during lunch.


Weird video!  Don't watch it if you're prone to seizures.

Wang Chung actually had some pretty good songs in the mid 80s, even before their big hit with the clever lyrics "Everybody have fun tonight! Everybody Wang Chung tonight."  Behold!



"To Live and Die in L.A."

And the ever popular...


"Dance Hall Days"

Hell, even some of the songs on that expensive cassette I purchased were pretty good.  Remember this song?  "Hypnotize Me" was on the Innerspace soundtrack.


Sadly, I can't watch this in Germany...


"Let's Go"...  I don't think songwriting was their strong suit.

I don't know what it was about this duo from England.  They had some hits, even if their songwriting was shit.  And now I may have to go download Mosaic again, even though as I got older, I started to think it sucked.  Memories make me spend oodles of money on crap.



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.