Monday, July 11, 2016

Eurythmics!

I can't believe I haven't written about Eurythmics yet!  I guess they were just too awesome to write about alongside some of the acts from the 70s and 80s that get featured here.  Eurythmics consisted of Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart.  I seem to remember them bursting on the scene in 1983 with their huge hit, "Sweet Dreams (are made of this)".


Besides being an infectious pop groove, this song also had a fabulously memorable video.

"Sweet Dreams" was very much loved by the public and there came a big string of hits after it.  I think this one was the next one...


"Here Comes the Rain Again"... Wow, when I listen to this song, I'm reminded of 6th grade.

Actually, almost all of Eurythmics songs remind me of being pre-pubescent.  I think they were ahead of their time, though.  Even today, their music sounds fresh to my ears. 



A live performance of "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)"

This duo was long on talent, but short on longevity.  After several years of successful hit making at an exhausting pace, Lennox and Stewart started to have some differences.  In 1990, they broke up.  But in later years, after both had explored other musical avenues, they've come back together for certain projects.  Dave Stewart started writing music for soundtracks and Annie Lennox has had a successful solo career.  I have to admit, she kinda rocks!


I never knew David Stewart was responsible for this hit, "Lily Was Here" featuring sexy saxophonist Candy Dulfer.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.