Wednesday, April 12, 2017

J. Geils Band...

Okay, so I lied.  The death of guitarist John Geils of the J. Geils Band inspires me to post again.  Apparently, 71 year old Geils was found dead in his Massachusetts home.

If you were around in the 80s, as I was, you no doubt heard the band's most famous song, "Centerfold", followed by "Freeze Frame".  Lead singer, Peter Wolf, was famously married to Faye Dunaway and went on to have a solo career.


"I Do" is yet another well known hit...


"Centerfold" was their biggest hit.


I have to confess really liking "Freeze Frame" back in the day.


"Love Stinks" is the song people love to sing on Valentine's Day...


And the ever popular "Flamethrower"... another personal favorite.


And here's Peter Wolf's big hit, "Lights Out".  I haven't heard this in ages!

It's always sad to read about the passing of a much beloved musician.  The J. Geils Band sure provided me with some good sounds back in the day.  Rest in peace, John Geils.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.