Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Hooters...

Wow... here's a band I haven't thought of in decades.  The Hooters had a popular album out when I was about 13 or 14.  It spawned several hits.  Then they kind of disappeared.  For some reason, their song "And They Danced" popped into my head this morning and I felt compelled to buy new music...  well, old music that is new only because I just now bought it.

The Hooters are from Philadelphia, but they are especially popular in Europe... or, at least they were thirty years ago.  This band has been in existence since 1980 and is apparently still around today.  But they hit the height of their popularity in 1985 or so.


This is a blast from the past...

The energy of "And We Danced" was very popular in the mid 80s.  The hard rocking guitars and harmonicas were appealing to people my age back in the day.  I listen to it now and still think it sounds good, if not a little reminiscent of McDonald's ads of the time.  I went looking to see if I could find the ad I'm thinking of, but it doesn't appear to be on YouTube.


"Day by Day"

This music kind of reminds me of Growing Pains.  We all miss the days when Kirk Cameron was cute and cool and all the girls had a crush on him.  Now he's a fundamentalist Christian asswipe.  Too bad.


I do remember liking "Where Do The Children Go"...

Wow... thirty-two years have flown by.  I'm older than dirt.  While I'm thinking about it, I will post about another forgotten 80s era band...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.