Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Outfield...

Yes, another mid 80s band I had long forgotten about.  They had a gem of a hit in their song "Your Love".  People loved it.


More edgy rock.  I think it's good, but it's totally 80s.

Unlike The Hooters, The Outfield comes from Britain.  Unlike most British bands, they experienced success in the United States, but not in their homeland.  Interestingly enough, though they are Brits, their band is named after baseball.  They initially called themselves The Baseball Boys, kind of as a joke, but fan response was favorable.  Given that they sounded very American, it seems fitting that they'd call themselves The Outfield.  However, despite their baseball inspired name, they didn't actually know much about baseball until they came to the States.


Here's another hit by The Outfield, "Since You've Been Gone".


"Say It Isn't So" reminds me a little of Big Country, another band that was popular in the mid 80s.

Hell, they are still kind of appealing thirty years later, even though I'm probably only saying this because I'm older than hell now.  I see that songwriter and bassist John Spinks, died of liver cancer the same day my dad died, on July 9, 2014.  That's too bad.  He was just 60 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.