Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Obscure country covers...

Here's a cover of a song I remember hearing a lot in the early 80s...  Mel Tillis sang the classic hit, "Stay a Little Longer".  I think this might be the earliest version I remember, even though the song was decades old by the time he did it in 1982.


Weirdly enough, I remembered the flute intro the most...

I'd probably rather listen to Willie Nelson's better known version, but this one has been rattling in my head forever.  Today, I finally figured out who did it.  Just had to share.


"I Got The Horse and She Got the Saddle"...  I think I'd rather ride bareback.

Maybe I'll be lucky with another song that's been stuck in my head forever...  Ah yes... Johnny Rivers made his cover of this song famous, but this is the version I remember...


I'm pretty sure my uncle had a 45 of this version of "Rockin' Pneumonia Boogie Woogie Flu".  I think it's better than Johnny Rivers' version.  

That's about it for me this morning.  I'm still recovering from last night's fitful rest.  I think I must have delayed trauma from Sunday's uphill hike.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.