Saturday, May 19, 2018

Heaven 17

I haven't heard this song in so long!  "We Live So Fast" is one of those songs that will stick in your memory and then fade away.  As a kid, I always thought the band was singing "bullshit" on the chorus, but they were actually singing "motion".


Funny thing is, as an adult, it sounds like "motion" and not "bullshit".

I'm not sure what else Heaven 17 did.  I do remember this song, though.  It sounds straight out of an 80s era video game, with all its synth glory.  


This was another song by Heaven 17.  It's called "Come Live With Me".

Yeah, I'm not sure this music aged very well...  they sound like a rip off of The Thompson Twins or The Human League.  But I see from Wikipedia that Heaven 17 is an English band that first came into existence in 1980.  LOL... and I see that two of the founding members were in The Human League.  No wonder they sound like The Human League.  Go figure.


The Human League's biggest hit.


"Human"... straight out of my high school days.


And this classic hit, "Fascination".

Sigh... I do miss the 80s sometimes.  I think I like The Human League more than Heaven 17.  At the very least, I think that band's music aged better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.