Thursday, June 21, 2018

Easy as Pie!

I had another one of my sudden song flash memories today.  This time, it's the song "Easy as Pie" by Peaches and Herb.  It was from their 1978 album, 2 Hot which included their monster hits "Shake Your Groove Thing" and "Reunited".  I still love to listen to both of those songs today, even if they are firmly entrenched in the disco era.

I'm not sure how I ever heard "Easy as Pie", since it was not necessarily a hit... I must have heard it somewhere, though, because it popped into my head today.  I had to listen to a sample of it on iTunes.


"Easy as Pie"... oddly enough, I think this popped into my head when I noticed the that it was the same title of a country song by Billy Crash Craddock.

This is a very upbeat song and Peaches and Herb do a pretty good job harmonizing.  The lyrics are cute, too, especially if you like sweet stuff.  This was the B side to "Reunited", which is probably why I heard it as a kid.  Someone probably had it on their jukebox or something.  Do people even use jukeboxes anymore?


A sweet live version of "Reunited", which is a favorite song of mine from the 70s.


And you can boogie to this song...  Wonder what they mean when they sing "Shake Your Groove Thing"...  Bumpin' booties indeed!

I can't deny that I really enjoy disco sometimes.  I find it a great mood lifter, even if it's music from my early childhood and I wouldn't want to relive those years.  I kind of like the 70s, though, if only for the music of that era.  You could hear anything on the radio and the person doing the singing didn't have to be gorgeous to be successful.

The 70s were fun... especially if you didn't have to worry about inflation, Vietnam, or racism...  In other words, it was kind of cool to be a kid in those days.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.