Sunday, July 8, 2018

Beast of Burden... Bette Midler style

I have never been a particular fan of Bette Midler's brand of music.  I love her as an actress and a comedienne, but her singing doesn't do it for me.  I kind of rank her singing with Celine Dion's and Barbra Streisand's... very talented, but kind of annoying.  The other day, my friend Joann reminded me of a long ago forgotten memory.  Bette Midler once covered The Rolling Stones' hit, "Beast of Burden", which is one of my favorite songs by them.

I watched the video, which I had seen ages ago, but long ago forgotten about.  This song was released in 1983.  Look how young they both are!  I was young then, too.


I had forgotten how funny this video is.  Bette does alright with this song and Mick is funny getting a pie thrown in his face.

You never see this kind of silly shit anymore.  I guess this just proves that Mick Jagger has a sense of humor and fun.  I'm not sure he should give up music for an acting gig, though.

Still, I much prefer the original!

 

This song doesn't age.  Neither does Mick Jagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.