Monday, October 1, 2012

It's October!

And since it's October, it's time for another James Taylor song...


This song is off the last album James Taylor did that consisted of fresh material.  That's a little bittersweet for me.  I really miss fresh JT, even as much as I love his older stuff and some of his covers. Anyway, this is a song about going home.  For some reason, it seems appropriate, given that the holidays are around the corner.  On the other hand, school just started too, and that was all about going away.

I love October.  It's one of my favorite months.  I love how the weather cools down and the trees turn into shimmering shrouds of color.  The leaves where I am have just begun to turn just slightly.  In a couple of weeks, it'll be wall to wall orange around here.

Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.