Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Richard Marx...

You could not grow up in the 1980s and not be exposed to Richard Marx... unless, of course, you were raised by religious fundamentalists.



He was the king of sappy love ballads like "Right Here Waiting"...



"Endless Summer Nights"


and the ever popular "Hold On To The Nights"...

And he had a few rockin' songs like


"Should've Known Better"


"Angelia"

and "Hazard", which barely counts as a "rocker"... it's more of a ballad.



For some reason, I had a Richard Marx song bouncing around in my brain and it took me back to my teen years.  I was never a big fan of Richard Marx's music, but now I'm oddly tempted to download one of his albums...  and maybe one of his wife's efforts, too...


Animotion "Room to Move" with vocals by Cynthia Rhodes... you might remember her as an actress/dancer from Dirty Dancing and Staying Alive.  She and Richard Marx have been married for 23 years!

2 comments:

  1. My dad knew Richard Marx back in the day and says he was a pretty cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a bow, Alexis! You are the author of the very first comment on this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.