Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It's pouring today...

And I already wrote a post about rain songs...  I left a couple off the list, though, so I will post them here.



BJ Thomas "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head"...




Supertramp "It's Raining Again"...  When I was a kid, I LOVED this song!!  But then, I also loved Supertramp.  I was sad when they broke up.




And here is the very weird video for that song...




Sting "After the Rain Has Fallen"




"It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls (also known as "Two Tons of Fun")...




Blind Melon singing "No Rain"...

And finally....




Stephen Bishop singing on American Bandstand...

Others on Facebook have given me enough suggestions to write a sequel to my rain post on Pop Rock Nation.  If it doesn't stop pouring soon, I may just do that.

2 comments:

  1. I like "It's Raining men" and somewhat like "It's Raining Again." An oldie I like that my mom used toplay on the piano and sin was called "I think It's Going to Rain Today." It may havebeen by randy Newmaan, and it was gloomy and made no sense, but I liked it. My dad showed my this video of a group alled "Yellow Balloon" whose probably one-hit woner was called, unironically, "Yellow Balloon," and was, I think, about having sex. It was about how this guy used to hate it when it rained until his woman took him on a rainbow ride. The robby douglas character from "My three Sons" was in the group. It was pretty 60's corny yet r-rated in its own way at the same time. My dad said some stations banned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a Randy Newman song... Very sad song. I have a version of it done by Norah Jones for a Hurricane Katrina benefit.

    I haven't heard of "Yellow Balloon"... A lot of songs in the 60s seemed innocent and non-sensical but were actually about sex or drugs. For instance, "Norwegian Wood" was originally titled "Knowing She Would". But they couldn't have such filth on the airwaves in the 60s. Actually, that seemed like an exciting time. Too bad I missed it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.