Sunday, March 10, 2013

Good funeral songs.

Today is the 25th anniversary of Andy Gibb's untimely death at age 30.  I'm also listening to music and a couple of good funeral songs just came on.  I suspect when I die, I won't know what music plays at my funeral or if anyone will even bother having one for me.  But I got to thinking about songs I like... and would want played at my funeral.  I know I've done this before... sorta.  When we lost our dog, MacGregor, back in December, I posted about songs that bring me comfort.  But just now, I was listening to a beautiful Beth Nielsen Chapman song that I would want played at my funeral.  If I outlive my husband and can stand it, maybe I'll sing it.  I even have the sheet music.


Okay, so this video is a tribute to Princess Diana, but I think it's fitting for anyone who has died...


"Sand and Water", also by Beth Nielsen Chapman, is a good song for a funeral.

I also love "Psalm 23", specifically by Eden's Bridge... (an Irish Christian band)




But what if the dearly departed had a sense of humor?  In that case, how about these songs?




I would like this one at my service...





What if you'd like to remember your loved one in a happy way?


I never really gave this song much thought as a good funeral song until we adopted our new dog, Arran, and this song randomly popped up on my iPod.  It seemed like our old dog MacGregor was sending us a message and by the time it was over, I was crying...

Seriously, though... for me, the top three songs would be good ones at my service.  I hope someone's still cares enough to attend by then.

And again, I do love "On Heaven's Bright Shore", too... would love to have the sheet music for this...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.