Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Air Supply!

If I wrote about The Little River Band, I have to follow up with a post about Air Supply, another Aussie act that was big in the 80s.  The very first song I ever heard by this duo, Graham Russell and Russell Hitchcock, was a song called "Lost In Love".  I was maybe 6 or 7 years old and I loved that song...


After that, there were several other soft rock hits by Air Supply...






Hit after saccharine hit hit the airwaves until I got pretty sick of Air Supply and wanted to cut it off...



I was "All Out of Love"...


And even though they said that I was "Every Woman In The World" to them...


and there were "Two Less Lonely People In the World"...


They were "Making Love Out of Nothing At All"...



Yeah, back in the 80s, people loved their Air Supply.  I guess people still do, since air is necessary for breathing.  This duo had some pretty sappy songs, though.  They remain a guilty pleasure sometimes.  I do own a compilation album by them, but I don't listen to it very often.  I'm trying to avoid Type 2 Diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.