Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Little River Band...

As I sit here on a Sunday afternoon, a song from my youth has just popped up on my iPod...


About five or so years ago, I bought a greatest hits compilation by this Aussie band and was surprised by how versatile their sound was.  Seriously, there were songs on that CD that I never would have guessed were by this band.  Of course, the songs that made it on the radio in the late 70s and early 80s had a very mainstream sound...


"Reminiscing" has always reminded me of being like 6 or 7 years old, living near Washington, DC.  That was a relatively nice time in my life, even though my dad was trying to gets used to being a civilian again.


When I was older, they came out with "Lonesome Loser", which was pretty yucky...


And the somewhat creepy song, "Night Owl"...


"Happy Anniversary" is a pretty good song.


And so was "Take It Easy On Me"...

Australia was a relatively fertile ground for pop stars back in my day.  Sometimes it's nice to hear from these guys, even though they haven't been big hit makers in some time...    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.