Friday, December 27, 2013

Mix discs for my mother-in-law...

My mother-in-law loves music from the late 70s and early 80s.  She said she'd love to have some music for Christmas, so I made her seven discs.  One was a copy of the disc I made for Bill for our anniversary, since she likes my music.  Five were of old hits, which I tried to make somewhat obscure, since she probably already has the more common songs in her collection.  The seventh disc was an Alison Krauss and Lyle Lovett mix.

Honestly, I think that music might have been among my mother in law's favorite gifts on Christmas.  It was personal, just like the framed photos of Bill she gave me were.  She also gave me a Pink Martini CD, which I haven't listened to yet.  I didn't know Pink Martini existed until she played them at her house and I commented that I liked them.



Bill's mom has good taste in tunes, I must say…  My own mother would never want to trade music with me, though I'm pretty good at picking out stuff that she'll like.  I like getting mix CDs myself, though I will admit that sometimes I'm resistant to listening to them when I'm feeling stubborn.  On the other hand, I have found some great music that way.

I love sharing music with loved ones, though…  and I'm glad Christmas is about over, so I can quit playing holiday music.  

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't mind Christmas music but this year i got tired of it, probably because of being sidelined and listening to the radio too much.

    There are 2 songs I head repeatedly on a station that plays all Christmas music. One has a refrain tha says something like, "Last year I gave you my heart. The very next dsy you gave it away. this year, to save me from tears, I'll save it for someone spesh-shul." The other one says something about, "Please get hear for Christmas. ifyou can't make it for Christmas, then gt here by New' year's day." I really despise both of those songs, probably about as much as the one about getting the shoes for Mama so she can meet Jesus and look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first song is Wham's "Last Christmas" and the other is "Please Come Home For Christmas."

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.