Monday, December 23, 2013

Al Stewart...

Whatever happened to Al Stewart?  He had a couple of great hits a few decades ago, though it would take me years to appreciate "Time Passages" and "Year Of The Cat".


I used to find this song boring, but I changed my mind as I got older…



I liked "Time Passages" better but appreciated it even more as I got older…

Al Stewart also had some great deep cuts.  I purchased a greatest hits CD of his sometime back in the 90s and it had a great song on it called "Road to Moscow"…


I used to love to listen to this when I lived in Armenia…

I love the deep, introspective stories in Al Stewart's songs.  I should probably listen to more of his stuff. It certainly isn't crap from the past.  

2 comments:

  1. Knotty, if you watch the members of Starland Vocal Band as they're singing in this video, I think it's possible that they're all stoned.it's slow, though that may perhaps be just the tape. I don't know them personally, but something about their affect is off here. Then again, maybe they're just morning people like Bill, and Midnight Special is rather late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Looks like this got put under the wrong post. I don't doubt that the folks in the Starland Vocal Band were all stoned when they sang that!

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.