Sunday, January 26, 2014

Just got back from Portugal and Spain...

If you've been reading my travel blog or main blog, you know I've been away for the past couple of weeks.  I won't post about my travels here, since I'm already doing it elsewhere.  However, I did want to plug a band I discovered in Lisbon.  One thing I love to do when I travel is listen to street bands.  Some of them are surprisingly excellent.  If you read this blog regularly, you may know that in May of 2013, my husband and I went to Italy and Greece and while we were in Florence, we discovered a wonderful guitar player named Piotr Tomaszewski.  I made a couple of videos to his music…





This time, my street music find was in old town Lisbon, where a band called Guents Dy Rincon was playing by the waterfront.  They were pretty awesome.  I took photos and a very quick video.  The dancing black man asked me if I wanted to buy their CD, which I was happy to do.  I'm listening to it right now and have got to say, this band is pretty excellent.  Checking YouTube, I see that others thought so too.





If you like music with an exotic beat and soulful guitar, these guys are pretty great.  It's a pleasure to listen to them, but I enjoyed watching them play just as much.  I love it when I buy street music that turns out to be awesome.  I have found good stuff in several countries now and there have been times I have had the chance to buy music and didn't, then regretted it.  So now, when I take trips and hear something I like, I buy the music and support the talented people making it…

Seriously, check out this band.  They're awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.