Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hall and Oates… and Rumer...

I just found out that Hall & Oates is coming to San Antonio.  I love their shit, because they were huge when I was growing up.  Because Bill had to work late tonight, I decided to listen to some of their music.  That's how I discovered Daryl Hall's collaborations with Rumer,  who is an English/Pakistani singer who has a lovely voice.  She sang a couple of classic Hall & Oates songs… and I love what she did with them.  Seriously, if they released an album, I would buy it and review the hell out of it.

Some say Rumer sounds like Karen Carpenter.  I don't think she does.  Her voice is very smooth and lovely, but it doesn't remind me of Karen's that much.  That doesn't mean I don't love it.




I have never liked "I Can't Go For That" much, but I have to admit Rumer's interpretation is genius…  

I had to try it too.  You get extra points if you listen to this… but Rumer nailed it.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sing Jenny ... love your blog site, this is great.
    checking it all out :)
    ~ Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Michael! Glad you like the site!

      Delete
  2. WhenI first glanced at this, I feared that you had posted a clip of Rumer Willis singing, and I was preparing to become ill. It was instead a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was afraid it was Rumer Willis too. British Rumer is awesome, though. Will have to listen to more of her stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.