Monday, May 12, 2014

Dwight Twilley

Here's a blast from the past from Dwight Twilley…


"Girls" was a hit thirty or so years ago…

Back in the 80s, I guess boys could be boys…  Nowadays, boys who did this sort of thing would probably be arrested for stalking…


His other hit from 1976, "I'm On Fire"...

Twilley is 62 years old now and apparently still performs.  I remember him for his rockabilly style.  He sort of reminds me a little of Dave Edmunds…





Of course, Dwight Twilley is American and Dave Edmunds is Welsh.  But they both sort of have that rockabilly sound that was kind of popular in the 70s and 80s.  


Dwight sounds a little John Lennon-esque, here…

Don't know what made me think of Dwight Twilley today.  He hasn't been on my mind in ages.  His "Girls" video kind of reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.