Monday, June 22, 2015

Chili Dog...

I am certain that a lot of songs were inspired by marijuana, especially back in the 60s and 70s.  This morning, while enjoying the beginning stages of a space cake high as we departed The Netherlands, I heard this song by James Taylor...


James admits this song was inspired by the munchies...

I don't think he is a meat eater anymore.  I also don't think he imbibes in drugs.  James Taylor, like a lot of people of Celtic descent, had some issues with addiction back in the day.  Having grown up with an addict, I understand how destructive addictions can be...  However, I have to admit that the creativity and wit inspired for this song is pretty impressive...  I don't like chili dogs myself.  Hot dogs kind of gross me out.


Here's a gem I just found on YouTube...

I don't know if this was inspired by anything other than youthful ambition.  James was only 24 years old when this was made.  How time flies.


4 comments:

  1. Now I'm feeling a strange urge to go hit the Wienerschnitzel nearby! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny... I don't think I have ever eaten at one of those places!

      Delete
  2. Do they have Wienerschnitzel over there? Here in San Diego they're pretty junk. Can't even recommend the chilli fries... tho they do do decent corn dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they don't exist in Germany that I know of. We had a location in Virginia when I was growing up, but I don't think it exists there anymore, either.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.