Monday, July 6, 2015

Ronnie Milsap...

If you were around in the 70s and 80s, you have no doubt heard of Ronnie Milsap.  If you listened to pop or country music, you have heard his distinctive voice and piano playing.  Ronnie Milsap also has a couple of things in common with Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.  Aside from being a great piano player who sings, he is also blind.


"Smokey Mountain Rain" was a hit in the 80s...  and sounds it.  I love it anyway.


Speaking of Ray Charles... here he is joining Ronnie on stage.

I think I started thinking about Ronnie again because he came up on Song Pop.  I was reminded how much I liked his music, even if it is a bit dated nowadays.  There's no denying the man is talented.  He comes from North Carolina, too.


I always liked this song... "No Gettin' Over Me."


And probably my favorite of the Milsap hits, "It Was Almost Like A Song"...

I miss the days when musicians made it based on luck and talent.  Ronnie Milsap is one of those artists who is imbued with musical gifts.


It looks like Ronnie may be on the verge of retirement... which perhaps may not be a bad idea.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.