Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sister Sledge...

Growing up, I used to get Philadelphia sister band Sister Sledge confused with The Pointer Sisters.  I was reminded of them today when I caught a 1984 episode of The Jeffersons that featured Sister Sledge.  That made me want to check my Dungeon Of The Past to see if I'd written about them before.  Sure enough, I hadn't.









Sister Sledge on The Jeffersons…

I remember these ladies as singing disco songs like "He's The Greatest Dancer" and "We Are Family". I like both of those songs quite well.  They make great anthems.


"We Are Family" circa 1979


Nice funky jam, "He's The Greatest Dancer"…

I don't know what these ladies are up to now.  I haven't heard them on the radio in a long time, but I'm sure people still enjoy their performances.  Like a lot of family acts, they have uncanny harmony.  



"Go To Love Somebody"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.